Business disputes are common. When a conflict rises to the level of litigation, having strategic representation is essential. That’s where Dawe & Christopherson LLP comes in. Our firm is a leading commercial litigation practice serving business clients throughout California in all State and Federal Courts.
Trust Dawe & Christopherson to provide powerful representation when you need it most. Backed by over 35 years of experience, Dean Christopherson is a highly skilled trial lawyer who has gained our clients’ trust and peer recognition – Dean has been named a SuperLawyer and an AV Preeminent Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, reflecting the highest possible rating among his peers.
Further, with this level of experience, we provide the sophisticated advice of a large law firm with the personalized attention only a boutique practice can provide. Dean Christopherson has a well-earned reputation as a formidable litigator and a savvy negotiator. Many business disputes are settled through negotiations, but when litigation becomes necessary, we are always ready to try the cases that simply cannot be settled. We are experienced with state-of-the-art courtroom technology and e-discovery tools to collect, preserve, and present evidence.
We have a proven track record of success in arbitration and court proceedings and work to resolve disputes expediently and mitigate reputational risk. Beyond that, with his extensive experience as a mediator, Dean Christopherson is always searching for settlement opportunities to minimize fees and exposure to his clients. Contact our office today to arrange a consultation.
The Experienced Choice in Commercial Litigation
At Dawe & Christopherson, we have extensive experience prosecuting and defending many types of commercial disputes, including:
- Breach of contract
- Breach of warranty
- Business torts
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Recovery of amounts due from vendors
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) disputes
No matter the type of business dispute, we will provide cost-effective service and always work in your best interests.
Why You Need An Experienced Commercial Litigation Attorney
A protracted court battle can be costly, disrupt your business operations, and increase the risk of reputational harm. With so much at stake, you need a commercial litigation and trial attorney who will explore all your options and protect your rights and interests. When you work with Dawe & Christopherson, we will assess the merits of your case, discuss the options with you and pursue the appropriate course of action.
We prefer to resolve disputes through negotiation or mediation and have an impressive track record of success in resolving matters in that way. However, if we cannot settle, we are well-equipped to try any case in the State or Federal Court, or in arbitration. Regardless of the forum, we will work to achieve the best possible outcome.
Legal Remedies in Commercial Litigation
Our legal team works with valuation experts, financial professionals, and industry specialists to conduct a comprehensive assessment of damages. While no two cases are the same, the following damages and remedies may be available:
- Compensatory damages to recover actual financial losses, such as lost profits, royalties, and lost market value, due to the breach or tort
- Consequential damages for losses resulting from an indirect but foreseeable effect of a breach, including loss of use, restitution, and loss of goodwill
- Liquidated damages are available as long as such damages were agreed to in the contract
- Punitive damages, although infrequently awarded, punish the defendant’s illegal or egregious conduct and deter others from similar wrongdoing
- Attorney fees may be recovered if provided for by contract or by statute
- Rescission, where the court cancels the contract and releases the parties from further performance
- Reformation, in which a judge modifies the contract terms to reflect the parties’ original intent
- Specific performance is judgment requiring a breaching party to perform its obligations under a contract when monetary damages are inadequate (e.g. sale of real property)
- Injunctive relief, such as Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) or temporary or permanent injunctions, ordering a party to cease certain activities, or compelling a party to act
When you work with Dawe & Christopherson, we will fight for relief available to you. Notably, Dean Christopherson tried an action in the US District Court in Milwaukee in 2016, achieving a $3 million judgment in favor of a well-known international heavy equipment manufacturer against its NYSE-traded opponent.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney
We provide skilled representation and cost-effective services with your budget in mind and pursue alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, to avoid expensive and time-consuming litigation. Our legal knowledge and litigation experience will position you for a favorable outcome in any forum.
Contact Our Experienced Commercial Litigation Attorney
Commercial litigation involves complex legal and factual issues that require the knowledge, experience, and skills Dawe & Christopherson provides. By understanding your objectives, we will help to clarify what a win looks like and work to protect your rights and interests. Contact our office today to get started.